Attorney Vivien I. Stark
New York City Divorce and Family Law Attorney
Vivien I. Stark, Esq. is an experienced New York City divorce lawyer practicing law for more than 25 years in the areas of Matrimonial and Family law including, prenuptial and separation agreements, actions for separation, annulment and divorce (uncontested and contested) as well as child support, paternity, custody, visitation, orders of protection, relocation and handling proceedings in the Family Courts and Supreme Courts of the State of New York. All efforts are made to resolve cases prior to commencing a lawsuit or trying a case, however if no amicable resolution can be reached, we will diligently represent all clients to the conclusion of their case.
Ms. Stark represents clients in the five boroughs of New York.
Vivien I. Stark is a member of the following Bars and professional organizations:
- Attorney admitted in the State of New York – 1986
- Attorney admitted in the State of New Jersey – 1986
- Member of the New York State Bar Association – Family Law Committee
- Member of the New York County Lawyers Association
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Volunteer Mentor – New York County Lawyers’ Association Mentoring Program (Divorce and Family Law)
- Neutral Evaluator for Matrimonial Actions in the First Judicial Department (2012 to present)
- Member of Greater New York Chamber of Commerce
- Accredited Business of the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
Vivien I. Stark attended the following schools:
- University at Albany, State University of New York, B.A., 1982
- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D., 1985 – Dean’s List (1982-1985)
- Law School Awards: American Jurisprudence Award
Speaking Engagements & Consulting Work for Media:
- Lecturer: Continuing Legal Education (CLE) for Legal Clinic of the New York County Lawyers’ Association in the areas of Matrimonial and Family law including: Divorce, Separation, Annulment, Child Support, Child Custody Enforcement and Equitable Distribution, 2011-2015.
- Panelist Speaker on Hot 97 (NY Radio Program) Street Soldiers With Lisa Evers – ”Do Fathers Have Rights At All?”
- Past Legal consultant on issues of family and matrimonial law for the popular television show “Law & Order.
- Co-Author of “Inside The Minds, Strategies For Family Law In New York” (Publisher Thomas Reuters/Aspatore 2013)